Trigent has helped us build an integrated communication platform to overcome interoperability barriers to help improve patient engagement and quality of care.
About the client
The client is a North Carolina startup that provides a cloud-based software solution for medical record management and exchange, as well as software systems for medical services.
The client wanted an integrated networking portal with secure and seamless unified communication with cross-platform support. The platform would feature medical image cloud storage and sharing; with the facility to access, view, share
or store DICOM images, non-DICOM images, and medical reports.
The platform had to be HIPAA and HL7 compliant and ensure information security at all times.
Trigent developed a state-of-the-art HIPAA & HL7 compliant, integrated patient communication platform. This centralized collaboration system is used by - physicians, surgeons, radiologists, nurses, physiotherapists, any care team
both inside and outside hospital walls.
The SaaS-based platform:
- Enhances patient-provider engagement by securing messaging among communities
- Provides DICOM image management - images can be shared and edited from anywhere at anytime
- Reduces effort and errors with Modality Worklist —With an HL7 interface; the platform populates accurate, relevant information from EMR/EHR to the modality thereby cutting down manual effort and reducing errors in data entry.
- Supports a scalable digital Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) —Handles all DICOM modalities and store non-DICOM images for a holistic view of patient imaging.
- Leverages flexible routing rules for automated workflow —Sends and shares medical reports and research studies across healthcare organizations or groups, specific PACS, etc.
The platform is compatible with smartphones on which healthcare providers can send text messages, images, files, and audio and video messages to one another. Also, it streamlines the workflow associated with patient visits such as
registration, scheduling appointments, and patient reminders.
Besides customized user experience, the software provides features for 3 user groups —
- Administrator - Accountable for privacy, security, and permissions.
- Users - Can upload and access their health information and care plans. They can create closed groups and
share details such as EMR, DICOM image management & genomics data within.
- External PHI - To generate healthcare applications, deployed and executed upon the PHI RE runtime, and derived from the international standard Hl7.
Other features include:
- Patient-Doctor (1-1) Chat
- Patient centric group conversations
- Healthcare Bot Integration
- Share medical files and reports
- Telemedicine for remote patient care and diagnosis
- Manage care coordination by providing the right amount of information to healthcare providers and patients.
- Secure and seamless system that help improve treatment efficacy and save staff time.
- Enhances clinical workflows by providing a real-time consolidated view of patient information.
- Month-on-month growth of 50% patient and physician sign-ups, since platform launch.
- Physician peer review helps in reducing diagnosis errors by over 70%.
- Provides medical diagnosis, resulting in effective patient-centered care.
- Through online consultations, the client is seeing a steady inflow of revenue, which is expected to grow at an annual rate of 30%.
- Highly secure, scalable, cloud-based storage that speeds up image access and reduced storage costs.
- Interoperability with many systems, and standards-based REST/API interfaces; it is easy to handle system mergers and deep connections with external systems.