As a business, we've grown a lot since our engagement with Trigent. We have benefited tremendously from the marked improvement
across key operations, which gives us significant confidence that our platform has been well-designed, well-architected and is operationally well maintained and, as a result, able to sustain our rapid growth
The client is a leading Transportation Management System (TMS) provider that optimizes freight purchase and management for companies across the US using cloud technologies. The client also provides applications such as Load Board,
Rate Analysis, RFP, supplier/ customer/carrier portals, route optimization, telematics, and logistics to its customers.
- The client's TMS —a cloud-based multi-tenant platform is used by customers for freight purchase and management, with full
supply chain visibility, stakeholder collaboration, analytics and decision making tools. The system was unable to support the client's rapid growth on two counts. Firstly, it lacked support for the unique requirements of users
from a variety of industry segments. Secondly, it lacked the architectural underpinnings and framework to make deep integrations with the customer's internal systems to provide automation, fast onboarding and full visibility.
- The system provided range of functionality including shipment and financial management, customer relationship business automation
and data driven analytics. However, lack of tight integrations with carriers using web services prevented them from providing online shipment scheduling, real-time status updates, and instant POD & BIL images.
The company, to sustain its position as a leading TMS provider had to enhance the system with features that are needed by industry segments such as grocery and produce. In order to reduce the client onboarding time and to show value
to clients, it needed a flexible platform the utilized EDI and web services to make deep integrations with low or no programming efforts.
Trigent built an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) & web services platform that provided flexibility to integrate with customer and carrier systems.
- EDI integrations for load tender (204), responses (990), invoice (210), shipment status (214), PO (820), and others.
- The enhanced platform allowed standard or custom integrations using EDI, SOAP or RESTful web services.
The system was enhanced with:
- Additional features to address requirements of customers across a wide variety of industries from SMBs and large grocery
- Support for loads with multi-routes for pickup and drop-off
- A precise, reliable rate calculation tool
The newly enhanced system and integrations platform supported rapid and consistent growth of the client's business. With standards based integrations that could be built easily, the system provided real-time visibility of the supply
chain information. The system simplified procurement, planning & optimization, execution, freight bill auditing & settlement, and analytics for its global customers across all industries.
- The platform connects with every integral piece of data and this visibility and collaboration has resulted in dramatic cost
savings for its customers.
- The disruptive SaaS TMS built on the latest cloud technology has changed how companies purchase and manage freight, consolidating
its leadership position the TMS segment.
- With limited or zero coding effort for integrations, onboarding new clients could now happen with no lead time, supporting
the rapid business growth.